Cosmetic dentistry consists of various procedures that focus on improving the aesthetics of your overall smile. These procedures correct the visible flaws in your teeth and gums and improve your oral health at the same time.
Aspira offers effective cosmetic dentistry solutions that can elevate the appearance of your smile.
Veneers are thin, shell-like layers that are made individually for each patient to resemble their natural teeth, and are placed over the outer surface of teeth with the help of a resin adhesive. Dental veneers conceal worn tooth enamel, discolored teeth, and other tooth surface flaws while preventing further tooth damage and improving the appearance of your smile. These veneer shells are generally attached to the frontal teeth as these teeth are typically visible when smiling.
What types of problems do Dental Veneers fix?
Along with making smiles pleasing, veneers also protect the surface of damaged teeth and eliminate the need for other treatments. Veneers generally fix the following problems:
- Worn or depleting tooth enamel
- Improper interdental spacing due to genetics and age
- Cracked, chipped, or broken tooth or teeth
- Discolored tooth or teeth due to medication or poor eating habits
- Uneven teeth with craters or bulges
We mainly use two types of materials to fabricate our dental veneers – dental porcelain and composite.
Dental Porcelain Veneers
Dental porcelain is better at resisting stains or teeth discoloration and provides a natural-looking appearance to your teeth. Fitting porcelain veneers generally requires 2-3 sittings with our skilled dentists. We generally use Lithium Disilicate or Da Vinic materials for preparing veneers. These porcelain materials are strong and can be used to create very thin veneer shells. If maintained properly, porcelain veneers last for 20-30 years.
Composite veneers are comparatively inexpensive than the porcelain variants. Also, they do not provide a very natural-looking appearance, but they can effectively correct minor tooth surface flaws. Attaching composite veneers is a time-saving procedure as these veneers are fabricated and fitted on the tooth or teeth in a single sitting. Composite veneers last for about 10-15 years.
What is the procedure?
Our procedure of attaching dental veneers include the following steps.
1. We first talk to you and understand the problems you face and accordingly offer appropriate dental solutions.
2. We file your inefficient teeth and prepare them for veneers. We remove a part of your tooth enamel so that the veneers can easily fit on the tooth surface and don’t look bigger than other teeth.
3. In the case of porcelain veneers, we then take impressions of your teeth and send them to the laboratory to fabricate veneers. We generally get the final veneers ready in about 2-4 weeks. Depending on the severity of the
problem, we even fit temporary veneers so that our patients can eat and smile normally.
4. We then clean the tooth with our special liquids in the next setting and cement the veneers to the natural teeth.
5. In the case of composite veneers, they are fabricated, bonded, and adjusted onto natural teeth in one visit.
Other Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
Teeth whitening and teeth bleaching procedures are done to restore the natural color of teeth that become pale or yellowish over the years. We clean the teeth thoroughly to remove plaque, tartar, food leftovers, and other debris in the mouth. We also bleach the teeth in order to get rid of tooth staining and discoloration.
Inlays and Onlays
Inlays and outlays, also known as indirect fillings, are done mainly to support the tooth structure. These cosmetic dentistry solutions are used when a tooth is mildly or moderately decayed or there is not enough tooth structure to support a filling. For a tooth damage, we attach outlays directly on the entire surface of the tooth. Inlay covers the center of the tooth when the outer surface is not damaged.
Dental crowns cover the entire damaged and decayed teeth below the gum line. Our tooth-shaped caps or crowns provide restorative as well as cosmetic benefits, which means, they restore the shape, size, and alignment of a tooth or the teeth and also provide a complete and beautiful smile. One can choose from dental porcelain, silver, or golden crowns depending on their choices.
Dental bondings are the most affordable, popular, and effective solutions for cosmetic purposes and dental flaws. We use durable plastic to fix decays, cracks, chips, cavities, and other problems, that can exactly match with the natural tooth shade. We then harden the bonded layer using ultraviolet light so that it can last for 10-25 years.
To know which cosmetic dentistry procedure is the best for you, you can directly get in touch with us.